Thursday, April 2, 2009

THE WIND AND THE SAIL

You raise your eyes toward heaven

And the skies are alight with the soul of the sun.

My world has the warmth of your heart penetrated in it

As you breathe-

the breath of the desert scents fill my lungs.

You are the golden air that reflects a satin mist

upon these lips

You are the orange-red butterfly sucking the dew

from early morning

You are the laughter of children

and the laughter of old

You are the light-

the silver shadows

That greet me at twilight

You are love



I am the green eyes constantly watching you...

My wild mast slashes the breeze

as I beacon your attention

And I waver-

when I have small need for you

I am courage and lust

I am dreams and hope

I am the vision of the future

But without you the future would be lost



We are his lover and his love

He will llisten to my misery during a storm

Then run to you and hide his shameless tears

in your arms

Seeking the calm...silence



You are the wind

and I the sail.


written 1965 in Malibu, California

© Wendy Gwen Martin 2009

No comments: